DC Farmers Markets – Join Now for Fall CSA Shares #capitolhill #patriotsplaza #easternmarket #CSA #farmshares
|Mark has some truly inspired local goods for you this week! Our Thursday Market is still on hold, please visit our other Markets: Tuesday – Eastern Market, 225 7th Street SE 4-7pm, Wednesday – Patriots Plaza, 315 E Street, SW 11-6:30 pm. If you have questions regarding the markets, please call or text Mark at 804-397-7337.Fall/ winter shares are LIVE for you to sign up for. I am so excited. The honey crisp apples we got last week were so delicious! And there are more this week PLUS Apple Cider! If you are interested in signing up for Fall, please do so now here! Make sure to review our FAQ and Policies, as many of your questions may be answered there. Please share us with your friends!
- Details: Starts the first week of October, runs 24 weeks with a two week break for winter holidays for Christmas and New Years,
- Prices are $45/week for produce, $32/week for meat and dairy shares, $120 for Full share (produce, meat, dairy and bread). Add ons are available for eggs, bread etc.
- Locations: Eastern Market, Patriot’s Plaza, and 7th/G drop (will revert to Eastern Market if we do not get 10 people.)
PROMOTIONS/DISCOUNTS (for shares only, does not apply to member fees)
- PAID IN FULL upfront for the FULL share (includes produce, dairy, meat, bread) GET 10% off. Members still pay member fee. Expires 11/1. Coupon Code is WHOLESHEBANG16 (there is a place to enter it during checkout). We appreciate our paid in full, full share members because your commitment is the glue to help us do what we do. You provide us working capital to work with our farmers in the best possible way at the beginning of the season, and supports our local farming micro-community. Our farmers put in a HUGE investment at the beginning of THEIR season for us, and this way we are able to pay them back in a timely manner. THANK YOU!
- MILITARY DISCOUNT – 10% – for ACTIVE or VETERAN MILITARY – Thank you for your servce! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for your verification and code. For those of us who have been with us before, the code is the same, so search your email or ask me again.
- REFERRAL REWARDS PROGRAM – For every friend, family member, co-worker or random person you refer who joins, you receive a $25 credit that goes towards FREE FOOD! Make sure to tell your friends to use YOUR NAME when they sign up, so you get your credit. THANK YOU!
What will you get? Virginia is a very diverse 4 season growing state – greens grow straight thru! We also work with innovative farmers using greenhouses and hoop houses to stretch the seasons. Many items are picked and stored, such as apples, root veggies and squashes. Mushrooms move indoors.
- Fruit: pears, grapes, different apples (straight thru), asian pears, possible late raspberries.
- Veg: pumpkins, squashes, beets, turnips,carrots, leeks, onions, potatoes, mushrooms, herbs, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichoke, rutabagas, greens like chard, spinach, creasy greens, kale, kalettes, cauliflower, broccoli, romanesco, we are hoping for fresh ginger and turmeric, and more.
- In addition as the season progresses, or if we have bad weather (snow, cold and ice can affect greens and either items growing), you will start getting 1 or two pantry items or added value item – this helps us get thru the winter season with diversity and supports our farmers who are preserving, drying or otherwise using their harvest from earlier in the year. What might you get? honey, applesauce, apple butter, maple barbecue sauce, fermented veggies (kraut), dried black beans, frozen corn, buckwheat flour, Wade’s Mill (400 year old mill) cornmeal, polenta, grits, baking mixes and other grains, sorghum molasses, Virginia peanuts, Twin Oaks soy foods, heirloom popcorn, our own jam, and more.
If you have questions about the Fall share, email me. Join Now, and Support the local food system.
- concord grapes – so delicous! they are really good juiced also
- watermelon – sugar babies
- honey crisp apples
- purslane/greens – these are super good for you and a little salty. My dad used to harvest these for us when I was a kid. Some folks think these are a terrible weed, but smart folks know they are a superfood, packed with Omega fatty acids and are cultivated or foraged. How to eat them here. and Here.
- swiss chard
- tuscan kale
- cherry tomatoes
- green tomatoes
- red bell pepper
- Puff’s Maple Sausage
- Puff’s Pork or Chicken BBQ (not sure which you will get)
- Ground Beef
We’re Hiring for a Farmer’s Market Assistant + Interns
Farm to Family, based in Richmond, VA, has an immediate part time JOB opening for Farmer’s Market Associate/Customer Service for our well-established pop-up markets + CSA on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC. Interships also available.
Schedule is currently Tuesday 2-7pm; Wed 9-7pm, Thursday 10-7pm (25-30 hrs/wk). $12/hr to start based on experience – advancement opportunities exist to grow with our company.
Job duties include but not limited to:
. Market management including customer service and sales, staffing, forecasting, reports
· Educating and interacting with community members at CSA pick-ups, farmers markets, and more.
· Marketing experience including social media and events
· Must be able to do heavy lifting
· Setup, breakdown of farmer’s markets
· Assist with CSA delivery
Skillset and Experience:
· Experience with retail, CSA model as well as farmers markets a+ including inventory management, ordering, interaction with farmers and vendors.
. Excel, Microsoft word, Square, Powerpoint, graphic design a plus.
· Excellent customer service skills required
· High level of responsibility reliability, motivation, passion about local food and a willingness to learn required
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff = Required
· Must be able to do heavy lifting – Required
· Clean driver’s license/ability to drive a box truck a +
This is a year-round position for someone who is enthusiastic about growing the CSA and Farmer’s Market experience with us.
For more info about us: www.thefarmbus.com
Please forward resume to email@example.com or call 804-397-7337