Farm to Family 2014 Fall/Winter CSA
Early Bird Farm Shares Specials!
Join by Labor Day
Save up to $276
Good News! 10% Early Bird Discount Special! Save on LOCAL FOOD and support your LOCAL FARMERS! This special offer is ONLY available thru Labor Day and will be the biggest discount offered this season! Discount good thru end of day, Monday, September 1. CSA FarmShares are available at our confirmed dropsites in Richmond, VA, Washington DC/Capitol Hill + Petworth, Northern VA/Falls Church, and Andrews Airforce Base. Other sites are in development. We are looking for hosts – 10 person minimum earns you a free share, and other shares added for additional 5 members recruited. Contact us for hosting info.
Join during our Early Bird membership drive and save 10% on all shares, all frequencies, all locations on fresh, local food – a savings of up to $276.
Here are the Early Bird deals:
- Sign up for a Full Share – Pay in full upfront and receive 10% off, and we waive the member fee. Code: FullPd
- Sign up for any share, weekly or bi=weekly – pay in full upfront and receive 10% off. Code: Fall10%
Here are the regular deals:
- 10% off for Military – Active or retired veteran – email with your credentials for the code.
- $25 referral fee for members: Members earn $25 for each new member referral! Tell your friends to answer “Your Name” to the “How did you hear about us?” question during online sign up.
Discounts may not be combined with any of our other discounts, and are not applicable towards any membership fees or taxes.
Our Fall/Winter CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Farm Shares in Richmond, VA and Washington, DC start the 1st week of October and run 24 weeks (6 months) through the last week of March. There is a two week break for the winter holidays.
Our CSA program is a versatile, flexible program that includes locally produced food options, payment plans, and open enrollment/pro-rated join-anytime membership. Bi-weekly/weekly frequency vary with location site and interest. Prices/member fee stays the same for the Fall/Winter 14/15 season. We offer installment payments of 3 payments for Produce, Meat and Dairy, and 4 payments for Full Share. The first payment is made upon joining, with subsequent payments every 30 days until your share is paid. There is a seasonal member fee that is charged separately from online food payment.
Farm to Family CSA FamShare memberships support our 501 (c)3 non-profit, BusFarm. BusFarm’s mission is to grow, source and distribute fresh local products, and encourage a healthy diet of home-grown/hand-made items from our local food shed. The CSA helps fund school visits, urban farming, nutrition education, and more. Your membership and patronage help support our efforts in our community, and our local farmers.
We work with notable area farms/producers like Polyface Farms, Prospect Farm, Edmond’s Farm, Heritage Hollow Farms, Goats r Us, Old Church Creamery, Green Fence Farm, Pampatike Organic Farm, Sausage Craft, Agriberry and Twin Oaks along with our own non-profit urban farm and agricultural educational center, BusFarm.
We are EBT, vegan, gluten-free, paleo, WAPF and food allergy friendly. We offer payment plans. Got an issue? Ask us and we’ll see if we can accommodate you! We donate missed pickups (without prior arrangements) to BusFarm which go to support that mission to feed underserved families. You can also sponsor a family for one time, or the whole season. Contact us for info on being a sponsor.
- Seasonal produce – locally grown on small farms with no to minimum sprays or pesticides. Some of our farms have organic certifications, but others choose to grow with organic methods, without certification.
- Grass-fed/pastured meats like beef, pork, bison, trout, oysters/clams, lamb, sausage, chicken. No hormones, antibiotics and we work with small, humane family farms.
- Grass-fed dairy with milk, butter, yogurt, cheeses from Mountain View, Goats R Us, Old Church Creamery, No hormones, antibiotics and we work with small, humane family farms.
- Package - Fondly called “The Whole SheBang” by our long-time members, this includes produce, meat, dairy (including eggs) and bread. Purchase and pre-pay the package, and receive a 10% discount, and member fee waive.
- Bread/Gluten Free Bread, bagels and other baked goods
- Pizza/Pasta from Pizza Tonight and Bombolini
- Tofu, Tempeh and Soysage from Twin Oaks
- a la carte items like honey, jam, maple syrup, baked goods, granola, and more are available
Want to see what you might get in your share? Check out these pictures!