DC Farmers Markets – more chanterelles, watermelons, peaches and berries
|Mark has some truly inspired local goods for you this week! Our Thursday Market is still on hold,please visit our other Markets: Tuesday – Eastern Market, 225 7th Street SE 4-7pm, Wednesday – Patriots Plaza, 315 E Street, SW 11-6:30 pm. If you have questions regarding the markets, please call or text Mark at 804-397-7337.
Please know that Mark will be away for the next two weeks. There will be NO Patriots Plaza drops or market next week 8/17, or the week after, 8/24, resuming the week after, 8/31 – If you get your CSA at Patriots Plaza, your share pickup is moved to Tuesday at Eastern Market, 4-7pm. PLEASE VISIT US AT EASTERN MARKET ON TUESDAYS!
here are some highlights:
MEAT – its all about Southernmost Maple this week and they are renowned for their maple syrup, sausage, apple butter, barbecue and sauce! We love the Puffenberger family from Bolar, VA (in Highland Country near Monterey), and Mark’s stepdad has been friends with Mike for 30 years. We love how they integrate maple syrup into everything. They provide wonderful hospitality, are a stop during the annual Maple Festival, and have their own Fall Harvest Festival. If you are just in the area you can shop at their Country Store. They also have cozy cabins you can rent (we spent last Thanksgiving with them and it was wonderful.) They are a Mennonite family, so are NOT open on Sunday – but you are welcome to worship with them, as they have services open to all on Sundays.
All items are subject to availability! Get there early to get the best stuff! For more info on specifics, Call Mark at 804-397-7337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re Hiring for a Farmer’s Market Assistant + Interns
Farm to Family, based in Richmond, VA, has an immediate part time JOB opening for Farmer’s Market Associate/Customer Service for our well-established pop-up markets + CSA on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC. Interships also available.
Schedule is currently Tuesday 2-7pm; Wed 9-7pm, Thursday 10-7pm (25-30 hrs/wk). $12/hr to start based on experience – advancement opportunities exist to grow with our company.
Job duties include but not limited to:
. Market management including customer service and sales, staffing, forecasting, reports
· Educating and interacting with community members at CSA pick-ups, farmers markets, and more.
· Marketing experience including social media and events
· Must be able to do heavy lifting
· Setup, breakdown of farmer’s markets
· Assist with CSA delivery
Skillset and Experience:
· Experience with retail, CSA model as well as farmers markets a+ including inventory management, ordering, interaction with farmers and vendors.
. Excel, Microsoft word, Square, Powerpoint, graphic design a plus.
· Excellent customer service skills required
· High level of responsibility reliability, motivation, passion about local food and a willingness to learn required
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff = Required
· Must be able to do heavy lifting – Required
· Clean driver’s license/ability to drive a box truck a +
This is a year-round position for someone who is enthusiastic about growing the CSA and Farmer’s Market experience with us.
For more info about us: www.thefarmbus.com
Please forward resume to email@example.com or call 804-397-7337