#DC #farmersmarket #DC #farmersmarket apple cider, mushrooms, Polyface short ribs, brussels sprouts #localfood#capitolhill #patriotsplaza #easternmarket #CSA #farmshares #localfood#capitolhill #patriotsplaza #easternmarket #CSA #farmshares
Mark has some truly inspired local goods for you this week! Please visit our Markets: Tuesday – Eastern Market, 225 7th Street SE 4-7pm, Wednesday – Patriots Plaza, 315 E Street, SW 11-6:30 pm. If you have questions regarding the markets, please call or text Mark at 804-397-7337.HIghlights this week:
We have added more Trickling Springs Dairy just in time for holiday baking — you can now get milk, chocolate milk, dark chocolate milk, half and half, heavy cream, 1 lb butter (tastes different than the Mt. View cultured butter we also carry), buttermilk, and eggnog. Please email if you wish to pre-order to guarantee product.
Fall/ winter shares are LIVE for you to sign up for. If you are interested in signing up for Fall, please do so now here! Make sure to review our FAQ and Policies, as many of your questions may be answered there. Please share us with your friends!
PROMOTIONS/DISCOUNTS (for shares only, does not apply to member fees)
What will you get? Virginia is a very diverse 4 season growing state – greens grow straight thru! We also work with innovative farmers using greenhouses and hoop houses to stretch the seasons. Many items are picked and stored, such as apples, root veggies and squashes. Mushrooms move indoors.
If you have questions about the Fall share, email me. Join Now, and Support the local food system.
We’re Hiring for a Farmer’s Market Assistant + Interns
Farm to Family, based in Richmond, VA, has an immediate part time JOB opening for Farmer’s Market Associate/Customer Service for our well-established pop-up markets + CSA on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC. Interships also available.
Schedule is currently Tuesday 2-7pm; Wed 9-7pm, Thursday 10-7pm (25-30 hrs/wk). $12/hr to start based on experience – advancement opportunities exist to grow with our company.
Job duties include but not limited to:
. Market management including customer service and sales, staffing, forecasting, reports
· Educating and interacting with community members at CSA pick-ups, farmers markets, and more.
· Marketing experience including social media and events
· Must be able to do heavy lifting
· Setup, breakdown of farmer’s markets
· Assist with CSA delivery
Skillset and Experience:
· Experience with retail, CSA model as well as farmers markets a+ including inventory management, ordering, interaction with farmers and vendors.
. Excel, Microsoft word, Square, Powerpoint, graphic design a plus.
· Excellent customer service skills required
· High level of responsibility reliability, motivation, passion about local food and a willingness to learn required
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff = Required
· Must be able to do heavy lifting – Required
· Clean driver’s license/ability to drive a box truck a +
This is a year-round position for someone who is enthusiastic about growing the CSA and Farmer’s Market experience with us.
For more info about us: www.thefarmbus.com
Please forward resume to email@example.com or call 804-397-7337