|Mark has some healthy local goods this week! Join our CSA for Spring/Summer now, or finish the second half of the season to support those healthy eating goals! Please visit our Market: Tuesday – Eastern Market, 225 7th Street SE 4-7pm, If you have questions regarding the markets, please call or text Mark at 804-397-7337. Our Patriot’s Plaza market is closed for the season until further notice.Mark is looking to rent warehouse space in DC 500-1500 Sq feet. email him if you know of anything: Mark@thefarmbus.com.
It’s time to sign up for the Spring/Summer CSA!! We’ve partnered with Schlep to use their awesome eco-friendly trikes for home delivery, and the fruit share is back! Share with your friends, family and coworkers and get a referral reward! The 10% off coupon for the FULL share (produce, meat, dairy and bread all in one share) paid in full up front, is FULL17. This coupon is not valid for any other share ie produce, meat or dairy alone. Let me know if you have questions. Military/Veterans discount coupon remains the same (email me for the code).
We’re Hiring for a Farmer’s Market Assistant + Interns
Farm to Family, based in Richmond, VA, has an immediate part time JOB opening for Farmer’s Market Associate/Customer Service for our well-established pop-up markets + CSA on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC. Interships also available.
Schedule is currently Tuesday 2-7pm; Wed 9-7pm, Thursday 10-7pm (25-30 hrs/wk). $12/hr to start based on experience – advancement opportunities exist to grow with our company.
Job duties include but not limited to:
. Market management including customer service and sales, staffing, forecasting, reports
· Educating and interacting with community members at CSA pick-ups, farmers markets, and more.
· Marketing experience including social media and events
· Must be able to do heavy lifting
· Setup, breakdown of farmer’s markets
· Assist with CSA delivery
Skillset and Experience:
· Experience with retail, CSA model as well as farmers markets a+ including inventory management, ordering, interaction with farmers and vendors.
. Excel, Microsoft word, Square, Powerpoint, graphic design a plus.
· Excellent customer service skills required
· High level of responsibility reliability, motivation, passion about local food and a willingness to learn required
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff = Required
· Must be able to do heavy lifting – Required
· Clean driver’s license/ability to drive a box truck a +
This is a year-round position for someone who is enthusiastic about growing the CSA and Farmer’s Market experience with us.
For more info about us: www.thefarmbus.com
Please forward resume to email@example.com or call 804-397-7337