Here is what we anticipate being in the share next week.
- leeks – here’s some non potato soup recipes
- cherry tomatoes – roast them, and top with basil
- basil – 22 recipes for fresh basil
- golden beets – golden beet latkes with smoked paprika sour cream, golden beet salad with chevre and herbs
- baby bok choy – simple bok choy (vegan)- pasta with bok choy, and chevre, braised pork ribs with baby bok choy
- swiss chard – swiss chard with crisp apples (vegan)
- butternut cheese squash – Squash pie (vegan or paleo)
- white sweet potatoes – these are delicious. mashed white boniato sweet potatoes
- spinach – spinach and basil orzo
- chinese eggplant – thai fried eggplant with basil
- arugula – apple pecan arugula salad
- cubanela peppers – these are sweet peppers, perfect for stuffing – stuff with chicken Dominican style, pickling, sausage, peppers, onions and fresh basil
- fuji apples
- red lettuce – korean lettuce wraps, arugula and red leaf salad,
- whole chicken – Try slow cooker Thai chicken soup – it calls for chicken thighs, but you can do this with your whole chicken too. Try Weeknight Roast chicken (try swapping basil for tarragon for the sauce!)
- pork short ribs – 9 recipes – they all look delicious!
- chevre (soft goat) mix – grilled cheese with chevre and tomato
BREAD – Billy Bread – rustic sourdough – this bread is delicious fresh, but it will get hard. You can cut it and freeze it. Don’t get sad if your Billy Bread gets hard – here are a bunch of amazing ways to use it. Hard bread is an essential ingredient in many delicious dishes where soft bread just doesn’t work.
- apples – carmelized apple pork ribs
- pears – small batch pear preserves with brown sugar and cardamom, baked pork ribs with pears – pear apple walnut salad in balsamic reduction;
- raspberries – if the weather cooperates
I have Polyface turkeys up for pre-order in the Meat section of the CSA store ($20 depost/5.75 lb) and will shortly have additional holiday meat offerings available (bison roast, lamb, oysters/clams). Be thinking what you want!