Hi everyone, here are some recipes for you. This is a bang up share and I am getting hungry just thinking about it. This may be my favorite share of the season! Lots of garicky onioney stuff this week. strawberries, asparagus. chamomile. It’s the spring season for it. Hope you all did well with everything last week. What did you make with your ramps?
- Kirby Farms – smooth kale –kale and minty salad with spicy peanut dressing, braised kale with carmelized onions
- Kirby Farms – mustard greens – baby mustard green salad with peas, asparagus, and ramp buttermilk dressing, mustard greens with cilantro and rice,
- Rain or Shine Bibb lettuce – top with Ramp Tramp (Green Goddess dressing)
- local portabella mushrooms – ramp and mushroom fritatta, Oven roasted portobella mushrooms with garlic, thyme, shallots and balsamic vinegar.
- foraged ramps –ramps on grits, ramp compound butter, pesto, ramped up crostini with fresh ricotta and pea shoots (save some of your Billy Bread for this,
- asparagus – asparagus with young garlic and horseradish, fried eggs with ramps, asparagus and oyster sauce, tips on storing asparagus
- fresh young garlic – these have small bulbs and you can use the tops. These would be great with the ramp tops in pesto. feta cheese marinated with herbs, garlic, red pepper and olive oil (would be great with ramps and goat cheese)
- yellow/red onions
- chamomile – soothing, calming, beautiful chamomile is always a member fave. Info on how to use it , chamomile lemon cupcakes with honey buttercream frosting (this calls for dry tea but fresh infused chamomile butter is amazing), ginger chamomile sparkling tea, Chamomile simple syrup (great for cocktails or add sparkling water), Meditation tea,
- local Food Hub vine tomatoes (hot house) – grilled fresh tomato soup with garlic croutons (use your garlic, and save some Billy Bread)
- fresh Bombolini pasta – garlic mostaccioli – This is FRESH pasta – cook a little less than two minutes! I mean it!! pasta con asparagi
- Agriberry strawberries! If you manage to have any left over… strawberry chamomile hand pies, spring sangria with strawberries andmint, strawberry mascorpone tart, Here are tips on storing your strawberries.
Small/half share folks:
- Bibb lettuce
- vine tomatoes (hot house)
dairy: Trickling Springs organic milk, natural yogurt (with strawberries and maple syrup), organic butter, Eberly havarti cheese – fried cheesy pickles, Promise Land eggs
meats: Peachy farm pork chops – pork chops with ramp chimmichurri, Polyface breakfast links – strata with sausage and greens (great for breakfast and supper, Sky View Acres ground beef – Havarti burgers with cuke celery slaw, make burgers and put sauteed ramps on them, or heck just make an Appalachian ramp burger! or ramp compound butter
bread: Billy Bread rustic sourdough – If you don’t eat it all quickly, this bread will get hard, but don’t be sad or throw it out! It is perfect for so many amazing dishes that call for bread on the harder side.