Thanks for your interest in wanting to help Farm to Family support the Richmond community.
We are currently seeking interns and volunteers starting ASAP. We are at the point of needing people to help with a variety of things related to our operation. We are interested in those who are as passionate about change as we are, someone who has a good work ethic and wants to ride this wave with us. We are making great strides in the local/national slow food movement and our larger goals are to take this far beyond Richmond! We are already aligning ourselves with the universe, those who align themselves with us will reap many rewards. If anyone is willing to take this journey with us and make immediate impacts in peoples lives then please join us and lets see where we can end up together… who knows?
Listed below are duties that would or could be involved in the Farm to Family daily operations. Everyone will be properly trained and FED! Whatever your skills are just bring them and we will work from there whatever you can contribute would be greatly appreciated. If you possess any of these skills or want to learn new ones come join us. All ages welcome!
This is a great learning experience and loads of fun!
Intern / Volunteer Duties
- Picking up deliveries from farms or meeting farmers at pickup locations. Everything is sourced within 150 miles of Richmond. Farm locations and deliveries/pickups will be discussed further in person. Must have valid drivers license, good driving record and able to drive a truck with a trailer attached.
- Organizing, cleaning and inventory of the bus and new farm store @ 2817 Mechanicsville turnpike RVA 23223 , customer service, management
- Planting, harvesting and working in green house. Opening and closing store, working and riding on the bus and making milk deliveries and helping with CSA organization, finding recipes, order seeds
- Data entry, administrative duties, setting appointments etc., operating a cash register, counting money, balancing sheets, accounting, experience in grant writing or non-profits
- PR and marketing duties, contacting media, handing our brochures, calling customers, help with special events and festivals, canvasing
- Ordering products, sourcing new farms, build new relationships with local farmers, running errands
- Painting and general maintenance, yard work, gardening, mowing, washing vehicles, running a mower and tiller, riding a tractor
- Feeding and watering animals
- Graphic design, video taping/filming, building power point presentations, taking photos, archiving, legal services, typing
- Driving a school bus, auto mechanics, carpentry skills, manual labor
- Writing reports, editing, building relationships and making contacts with community leaders and organizers.