This is a reminder that our last share of the Fall season (and 2013) will be the week of 12/17 – then we will break until the week of 1/14. Please adjust your calendars accordingly!
Vegetables This Week (subject to last minute change):
- rutabagas – makes wonderful mash, and a foundation for soups and stews.
- bok choy
- brussel sprouts – we like to roast them with olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar!
- cauliflower – try this spicy latke recipe!
- kale – sick of it already? Try this kale caesar slaw! (mine without anchovies please!)
- bibb lettuce
- spaghetti squash – my mom loves to roast it, with sausage and red sauce! or meatballs. She freezes half for later.
- apples – mom also loves to make baked apples, she stuffs the core space with raisins, nuts and sprinkles with cinnamon sugar, and butter and then fills the pan with a little water. Then, to be truly decadent, pour cream or ice cream on top!
- sweet potatoes
- tarragon (my favorite herb! great to make vinegar with – great gift!, good with fish, chicken, veggies)
- mushrooms nom nom nom!
In addition to our regular Winter Market hours of Wednesday 10-6 and Saturday 9-6, the bus is available for house/school/business visits. To schedule a Bus Visit, or more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 804-397-7337. We recommend that you follow us on FB or Twitter – or check in before visiting to see where we are, and what we have.
We will be open the following schedule so you can shop for holiday food:
- Thursday, 11/21 – Market open 10-6pm. Bus will be in West End – Connexions Loyalty - 3-5 pm, Short Pump Elementary PTA – 3425 Pump Rd,Henrico, VA 23233 – Farm to School night- 6-8
- Friday, 11-22 – Market open 10-6. Bus will be available for calls. Will be Southside at Richmond Waldorf School/Westover Baptist Church 2:45ish, then, Warehouse 201, Manchester.
- Saturday, 11-23 – Market open 9-6
- Sunday, 11-24 CLOSED
- Monday – 11/25 Market open 10-6
- Tuesday – 11/26 Market open 10-6, DoTERRA Essential Oils Intro 6 pm, DC CSA Farm Shares @Eastern Market – 5-7pm
- Wednesday – 11/27 Market open 10-6 – CHANNUKA Begins!
- Thursday – 11/28 HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- Friday – 11/29 Closed
- Saturday – 11/30 9-6 – OPEN! no FarmBus
Be Well. Eat Healthy!!
We are very excited about the new Fall/Winter CSA season and hope you are too! We want to make sure that everyone understands that we are NOT starting the CSA this coming week as previously planned, but instead will be starting next week.
We had many delaying issues including wet, wet, weather which made it necessary for us to start next week. More info will be forthcoming on the schedule and drop sites, so stay posted! Please let us know if you have questions about anything, or concerns about the delay in starting.
STILL TIME TO JOIN!
There is still time to join for this coming season if you have not signed up, are still on the fence, or have friends and neighbors who are interested. Slots are still open. Our new online membership management tool makes it easy to manage your shares and pay online. We do offer flexibility, mid-season sign up, hold options, donations, payment plans and the ability to join using credit/debit, check, cash and EBT/Food Stamps. Please forward our CSA info and sign up to friends, family and co-workers.
We are currently working on some drop sites that include, or may not yet appear, on the website. We are open to more dropsites – a minimum of 5 people are needed to make it viable. If you are interested contact us at email@example.com
PICKUPS/DROP SITES *= pending
- George Washington University (student 10% discount)*
- Allison StreetNW DC*
- Falls Church, VA*
- Eastern Market
- Andrews Air Force Base
RICHMOND and AREA
- Home Delivery within city limits and 1 mile radius outside
- Farm to Family Market (drop only)
- Glenside Drive *
- VCU/Fan * (Student 10% discount)
- Church Hill *
- Southside/Westover Hills/Forest Hills *
- New Kent/Patriots Landing *
- Mechanicsville/Ash Creek *
- Lakeside *
- Brandermill/Midlothian *
- Chester/Hopewell Petersburg/Ft. Lee/VSU (student 10% discount) *
- Randolph Macon College/Ashland (10% student discount) *
- Fredericksburg *
Want to be a host in the above area or add a dropsite? Sponsor a drop at your home, office, church or gym — 5 person minimum needed – for every 5 people who join, you receive a free option. Get 15 people to join, and you get a complete option — FREE! Contact us for more info.
We have a number of ways you can save money, get great food, and support local farmers and economy:
- Previous members automatically receive a 5% loyalty renewal discount (can’t be combined with any other discount) as our Thank You.
- We offer a one time 10% discount for anyone who signs up for a FULL PACKAGE (includes meat, dairy, veg bread) and pays in full up front.
- We offer a one time 10% discount for active/former military (we’ll need to see proof).
- ACTIVE STUDENTS!! We offer a one time 10% discount for University/College drop members (minimum 5 students needed per drop.)
- We offer a $25 referral credit (or cash) for anyone you refer who signs up.
- Sponsor a drop at your home, office, church or gym — 5 person minimum needed – for every 5 people who join, you receive a free option. Get 15 people to join, and you get a complete option — FREE!
Many thanks again! Please let us know if you have questions, comments or concerns.
Mark + Suzi Lilly
804-397-7337 Mark Cell