FARM TO FAMILY MARKET OPENS FOR SEASON
We are excited to be reopening our non-profit Market in Richmond this week. We will be opening on Thursday, May 7. Hours will be:
Monday – 10-6:30pm
Thursday – 10-6:30pm
Friday – 10-6:30pm
Saturday – 10-5pm
Sunday – 11-5 pm
Hours will extend as the season gets underway.
HERE IS WHAT WE WILL HAVE THIS WEEK:
- Agriberry strawberries
- Sneads Farm asparagus
- Flores Farm fresh garlic
- BusFarm fresh herbs – our own
- Flores radishes
- Flores spinach
- Greenhouse Gardens hyrdoponic bibb lettuce, red oak and arugula
- Flores lettuce mix
- Pampatike Organic Farm Siberian kale
- Pampatike Organic Farm rainbow chard
- ramps (wild foraged)
- collards – Kirby – conventional
- Curly kale – Kirby – conventional
- Sweet potatoes – not local. Conventional
- pink lady apples – Crown Orchard – integrated pest control
- yellow delicious – Crown Orchard – Integerated pest control
- potatoes – Clifford Rohr
- cabbage – Clifford Rohr
- spaghetti squash – Clifford Rohr
- Napa Cabbage
- yellow onions – not local
- white onions – not local
We will also offer a selection of not local, but much requested items. As we are in a food desert, we try to accomodate! Please let us know what you would like.
- lemons, limes, blueberries, ginger oranges, avocados, bananas
Bombolini pasta, sauces, ice cream\Farmstead Ferments kraut, kraut juices, pickles
Blanchards coffee, Rostov’s coffee and teas, local honey, local bee pollen, jams, nut butters, vinegars, baking mixes, corn meal, grits, flour, maple syrup, Virginia peanuts, gluten free mixes, San Pellegrino sodas, water, coconut water,
Natural, local cleaning products
Our CSA also has its spring launch in RVA, and Washington DC at Eastern Market and Patriot’s Plaza this week. We are looking forward to sharing ramps, strawberries, asparagus, thyme bundles, lettuces, radishes, green onions, garlic and Wade’s Mill grits with our produce members. There is still time to join our flexible CSA, as we accept members at any time. We start next week at our dropsites in Hanover, Stanton Park/Capitol Hill, Petworth and Potomac Place Towers.
FARMER’S MARKET WEDNESDAYS AT PATRIOT’S PLAZA – 11-7pm
Our Wednesday Farmer’s Market will resume this week at 355 E Street SW, Washington DC, with fresh food, snacks and more for residents of the area, and folks who work in the Federal buildings. Its been a long, cold wet spring, but we are glad to be back.
Things are growing at BusFarm! We are already harvesting fresh herbs to sell in the store this week, have two herb gardens in, and have been working on the fruit, tending to grape vines and berry bushes. We are prepping beds for seedlings. We will have workdays every Saturday, 10:00 am, and Wednesday evenings. We are looking for donations for many gardening items, please check your garden shed to see if there is anything you would like to donate to us. We are a 501(c)3, so your donations may be tax deductible.
Looking for the following items:
- tools of all shapes and sizes
- plants, seeds
- garden decorations
- yard furniture
- tiller, new, used or borrow (you can come till for us)
- tractor, new, used or borrow (you can come plow for us, and move stuff around)
- compost — bring us your compost!
- water barrels
- We also need cash donations. This helps us more than anything. If you wish to donate, you can send us a check payable to BusFarm, or via Paypal.