HI members, we received an unexpected email from Agriberry about blueberries, hence they are in the shares this week! We are very excited about this, and almost don’t miss strawberries.
- blueberries – if you get past eating them just as they are, into to making something, try these no-bake blueberry cheesecake bars from Mark Bittman
- beets – here is a gorgeous grilled beet salad with arugula, chevre and nuts. Grilling the beets brings out the sweetness in them.
- endive – grill it and top it with arugula and cheese. yum.
- red kale – here’s a raw kale salad with pine nuts, shaved parm and lemon. You could sub any kind of nut, or leave them out too. I would use the goat cheese here also.
- baby fennel – Fennel is one of my favorites. I was introduced to it many years ago by Cindy Savoia, who now owns Dish Osteria and Bar at a house party with friends. I watched as she swiftly made a classic Italian apertif – she shaved fennel thin with a mandoline, a few turns of EVOO, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a dash of salt. Turn to mix. It was that simple. You can use any type of citrus, I especially love blood oranges or nectarines, and slice up a few pieces to add sweetness. I also love to grill it.
- fresh garlic – My favorite is to shave it thin, and add to any salad, vegetable or other dish. You don’t have to cook it.
- totsoi – We loved this last week. So delicious. Sautee with olive oil, and dress with a squeeze of lemon or vinegar. and season to taste.
- dill – goes beautifully with beets – chop some fresh and sprinkle on top. You can also roast your beets, and dress with with a fresh dill vinaigrette, Bobby Flay does a nice one.
- arugula – I love arugula and goat cheese on my pizza, especially if it’s grilled. (there is a grill theme here.
- swiss chard – Chard, Ricotta and Saffron Cakes with Micro Greens from Deborah Madison
- collards – collard green salad from Eating Bird Food; I love this blog post about collards from a fellow northerner in the south.
- maybe peas …. not sure if this is happening
- mushroom – Lion’s Mane — These are little sponges for butter and sauce. Here’s a recipe where they taste like lobster.
- Morning Glory whole broiler chicken
- Polyface breakfast links – everybody’s favorite…
Butter- Unfortunately there is no butter this week, so we will be swapping out with Goats R Us Chevre. You can also swap for another dairy item, or take a credit. If you want the credit, let us know! We hope to be back to normal with butter by next week. Thank you for your patience