Hi members, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are very grateful to have you all in our lives and as members this season. You are a very important part of the local food system and support the farmers we work with. I’m sure you don’t want to hear about more food, but maybe as Tuesday and Wednesday rolls around, you will be more ready. Recipes will follow, I just wanted to get this preview out so you can plan. Remember this list is subject to change. I will do my best to let you know of any changes.
And we will be taking orders for Christmas Trees and Wreaths! I’ll have info on pricing hopefully up on the website soon along with delivery availability, Mark is still working that out with our tree farmer, Gerald Jones. They are spray free Frasier Firs, very beautiful and fragrant, and well balanced.
- apples – try apple and nuts overnight oatmeal (dairyfree)
- sweet potatoes – I love sweet potato, squash or pumpkin in smoothies – try this one
- collards – I made this recipe for collards with bacon last night in the Instant Pot and it turned out really great.
- totsoy – Totsoy (aka totsoi) is a hardy spinach like green that likes cold weather. Here’s a great guide with several recipes to try.
- mint – make mint pistachio pesto
- turnips – easy mashed turnips
- carrots – Deborah Madison’s lentil salad with mint and carrots
- leeks – root vegetable gratin
- bok choy – baby bok choy and leeks
- celery – stuff celery with pimento cheese for a great snack or appetizer, celery and red onion salad, Here’s how to regrow your celery from the bottom of it
- rutabaga – easy roasted rutabaga
- butter beans – Vegetarian butter bean soup, Melt in your Mouth butter beans
- FRUIT – apples – do you have apples piling up? Make spiced apple pie filling, apple cranberry jam, or no peel instant pot apple butter
- ground pork – spring rolls with mint, pork and apple
- Top Round steak – make mint chimichurri and marinate your steak easy marinated top round steak.
- BREAD – Prairie Grain
- CHEESE – Pimento (yum!) – souffled macaroni and cheese (calls for pimentos, but put in the cheese!), pimento cheese grilled sandwiches with tomato and bacon