Upgrade Your Life: Eat Better, Live Better. Use Cyber Monday Code Cyber10 for 10% off all farmshares #localfood #DC #CSA
Take advantage of Cyber Monday Code Cyber10 for 10% off all #localfood #DC #CSA membership farmshares now thru next Monday, 12/5. This is a great time to join the CSA, return, give a membership as a gift, or upgrade your share to include meat, dairy, or veggie. Questions: email us!
Make sure to review our FAQ and Policies, as many of your questions may be answered there. Please share us with your friends!
- Details: Runs thru week of 3/6/17 with a two week Winter Holiday break for Christmas and New Years,
- Prices are $45/week for produce, $32/week for meat and dairy shares, $120 for Full share (produce, meat, dairy and bread). Add ons are available for eggs, bread etc. There is an additional member fee of $4.09/time that will be charged separately from this food cost that covers our delivery and admin.
- Shares are available weekly, or biweekly frequency
- Locations: Eastern Market, Patriot’s Plaza, and 7th/G drop
What’s in the shares:
- PRODUCE – Vegetable and fruit items are a mix from local farms using organic or natural farming methods (low spray, integrative pest control, etc). FallWinter produce is subject to availability and may include:What will you get? Virginia is a very diverse 4 season growing state – greens grow straight thru! We also work with innovative farmers using greenhouses and hoop houses to stretch the seasons. Many items are picked and stored, such as apples, root veggies and squashes. Mushrooms move indoors
- Fruit: pears, different apples (straight thru), asian pears
- Veg: pumpkins, squashes, beets, turnips,carrots, leeks, onions, potatoes, mushrooms, herbs, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichoke, rutabagas, greens like chard, spinach, creasy greens, kale, kalettes, cauliflower, broccoli, romanesco, fresh ginger and hopefully turmeric, and more.
- In addition as the season progresses, or if we have bad weather (snow, cold and ice can affect greens and either items growing), you will start getting 1 or two pantry items or added value item – this helps us get thru the winter season with diversity and supports our farmers who are preserving, drying or otherwise using their harvest from earlier in the year. What might you get? honey, applesauce, apple butter, maple barbecue sauce, fermented veggies (kraut), dried black beans, frozen corn, buckwheat flour, Wade’s Mill (400 year old mill) cornmeal, polenta, grits, baking mixes and other grains, sorghum molasses, Virginia peanuts, Twin Oaks soy foods, heirloom popcorn, our own jam, and more.
- MEAT – Each delivery is a rotating share of 3-5 lbs. of pastured, forested, and grass-fed meats, raised without the use of antibiotics or hormones on local family farms. Meat share may include beef, chicken, pork, lamb, bison, goat or seafood, with a wide variety of types, for example: ground, roast, sausage, chops, and steaks. Some of our farms include: Polyface Farms, Heritage Hollow Farms, Rappahannock River Oysters, Morning Glory Farm, Green Fence Farm, Allegheny Mountain Trout.
- DAIRY SHARE includes 5 items:
- 1/2 gallon of low-pasteurized milk
- 1/2 lb. of cultured butter from grass fed cows!
- 1 Qt. of Yogurt from grass-fed cows. Unsweetened/no additives or preservatives
- Approximately 1/2 lb. of cheese (options will vary)
- One dozen pastured eggs
- FULL SHARE – Includes Produce, Dairy, Meats and Bread