We are now accepting applications for the Spring/Summer CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Farm Shares in Richmond, VA, Washington, DC (Capitol Hill at Eastern Market/NW at Maret School) and surrounding areas to start the 2nd week of April running 24 weeks (6 months) through September.
Our CSA Farm Share program is a versatile, flexible program that includes locally produced food options, payment plans, and open enrollment/pro-rated join-anytime membership. Bi-weekly/weekly frequency will vary with location site and interest. Check out our dropsites on this map which include metro DC, Richmond, NoVa, Northern Neck, New Kent, Chesterfield and more. Note that not all sites are confirmed, as we need 10 members per site to make it work, so let us know your interest/commitment ASAP! For more info on our CSA Farm Shares, to download an application and join, visit our CSA page.
We work with notable farms/producers like Polyface Farms, Mt Vernon Farms, Prospect Farm, Edmond’s Farm, Mt. View Farm, Goats r Us, Old Church Creamery, Green Fence Farm, Pampatike Organic Farm, Promise Land Pastures, Tuckahoe Lamb and Cattle Company, Sausage Craft, Agriberry and Twin Oaks along with our own non-profit urban farm and agricultural educational center, BusFarm. Your CSA farm share directly supports BusFarm. See BusFarm in action!
We are EBT, vegan, gluten-free, paleo, WAPF and food allergy friendly. We offer payment plans. Got an issue? Ask us and we’ll see if we can accommodate you! We donate missed pickups (without prior arrangements) to needy families. You can also sponsor a family for one time, or the whole season. Contact us for info on being a sponsor.
- Seasonal produce – locally grown on small farms with no to minimum sprays, pesticides. Some of our farms have organic certifications, but others choose to grow with organic methods, without certification.
- Grass-fed/pastured meats like beef, pork, bison, trout, oysters/clams, lamb, sausage, chicken. No hormones, antibiotics and we work with small, humane family farms.
- Grass-fed dairy with milk, butter, yogurt, cheeses from Mountain View, Goats R Us, Old Church Creamery. No hormones, antibiotics and we work with small, humane family farms.
- Package — Fondly called “The Whole SheBang” by our long-time members, this includes produce, meat, dairy (including eggs) and bread. Purchase and pre-pay the package, and receive a discount.
- Bread/Gluten Free Bread
- Dog Treats
- Body Care
- a la carte items like honey, jam, baked goods, and more are available
Want to see what you might get in your share? Check out these pictures!
Get Involved/Earn Free Food — Be a Drop Site
Want to get involved and earn free food by hosting a drop-site at your home, worksite, church or community center? Contact us for more info. Recruit friends, family, neighbors, church members and co-workers to make it happen. Create community! Eat fresh, local, healthy food!
BE HAPPY! EAT LOCAL!
For more info on our CSA Farm Shares, or to download an application and join, visit our CSA page.