This coming week’s share is our final share of the season. Don’t forget to sign up for Fall as we start our Fall CSA next week and everyone will be on the same rotation. Let me know if you have questions.
If you are Home Delivery, please remember to put your bins/coolers out for pickup. Thanks!
BiWeekly Home Delivery is a go in Richmond! BiWeekly 7th/G is a go! Eastern Market is a go! Farm to Family is a go! But there is still room for more people. Hooray and thank you to everyone who signed up.
We are still waiting on enough people for Home Delivery on Capitol Hill for weekly/biweekly, and for biweekly at 23rd Place. Sign Up Now and share with your friends so you get your food where you want it. Home Delivery is $8/time by Schlep eco-trike. Just a reminder these drops will move over to Eastern Market if we do not get enough people.
We hope you have all enjoyed everything this season.
Here’s what we think is in the shares this week, subject to change.
- honey crisp apples
- bibb lettuce
- daikon radish – my fave is pickled. Here are recipes for pickles, braised, Banh Mi, and even cake.
- spicy salad mix
- okra – try spicy oven roasted!
- salad turnips – these little babies are sweet and delightful. Here’s a recipe for farro salad with turnips and greens.
- Tuscan kale
- yellow squash
- acorn squash – had this last night and it was so good. We just halved, scooped out the seeds with a serrated grapefruit spoon, filled the hole with butter, salt and pepper, and baked. Here’s more ideas.
- butternut squash – Here’s some ideas for butternut salad (as it is still salad weather). Here’s how to roast it. You can sub your butternut for pumpkin in recipes. In a hurry? InstantPot steam it. Then you have the puree to do whatever with.
- pie pumpkin – its time for pumpkin everything! How to roast one. how to make a pumpkin latte. how to make a vegan/paleo latte.Here’s some pale pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin ricotta gnocchi with rosemary brown butter.
- rosemary – grill your pumpkin (or squash) with rosemary and sea salt.
- Make a fancy rosemary cake! Make a gimlet! make infused oil and drizzle it on everything! Preserve it and use later.
- bok choy – zucchini noodle ramen with temeph and bok chou
Fruit – Fruit share is done for the season. We hope you enjoyed it immensely! Fruit will be back next week until winter holiday break. Yum!
If you are a weekly member:
- Polyface chicken breast – 10 not boring chicken breast recipes. Use your rosemary!
- pork chops – rosemary pork chops
- Polyface breakfast links – sausage and kale soup dairy/gluten free Kale and sausage soup – I make this recipe at least once a month, more frequently in winter. I make a huge batch and eat it for breakfast too.
If you are a biweekly member:
- Sky View Acres chuck roast – Instant Pot braised beef chuck roast with wine and rosemary. I also like to add in chunks of potatoes or squash (summer or winter) and a few slices of bacon.
- Sky View Acres Ground Beef – Instant Pot Picadillo (Cuban Hash) I make this often – its super fast, easy and tasty.
- Southernmost Maple maple sausage – Make a savory bread pudding for brunch. Make it the night before, then stick it in the oven. Make this with your kale, or serve it with a kale salad.