Details have been finalized on our CSA for the Fall/Winter season, and are online now!
Join Now because…. We are offering a FLASH WAIVE on the member fee if you sign up now thru Wed at midnight. This is for ANY type of share, and includes payment plans. Cannot be combined with Military discount, or the FULL17 discount (see details below).
Our CSA proudly serves Washington, DC and Richmond, VA
You will receive a seasonal mix of the finest local produce, sustainably and humanely raised local grass-fed/pastured meats, fresh grass-fed dairy, pastured eggs, fresh baked bread, and a variety of other items are also available!
- Shop a la carte items.
- Hold deliveries when you need to – use online calendar to place your box on hold when you want.
- Payment plans available.
- Membership fee (includes fuel, admin, labor) is $90/$45 for Washington DC, $25/50 Richmond for the season of weekly 20x/bi-weekly 10x. Member fee is charged separately (we will bill, and pro-rate)
- Home Delivery in Washington, DC is powered by Schlep It eco-friendly trikes $8 time). RVA home delivery is FREE within 5 miles of Farm to Famiy.
- Referral Rewards Program – Earn $25 credit for each new member you refer!
- 10% discount for Active military/Veteran (not including member fee) – email for info.
- We were listed in the Washington Post story on flexible CSAs in the Washington DC area.
Here’s the info on Fall season:
- Season is 20 weeks (10 for biweekly, every other week)
- If you have credit, it will roll over to use for Fall. If you forego Fall, it will roll until Spring. You can donate your credit, or transfer it to someone else.
- Promo code for Full Share (the combo one with produce, meat, dairy, bread) paid in full up front: receives 10% discount with code FULL17. This will be valid until the end of September. Does not combine with any other discount. This is not for any of the other shares paid in full up front.
- Military discount 10% for active military/retired veterans. Must be someone in your immediate family. Email me with your service info. Code is same as last time. Email me for the code if you need it. Does not combine with any other discount.
- Starts week of 9/26 – no break from Summer so no missing out on any of the bounty! Host drops and biweekly deiveries start week of 10/3. Ends week of 2/27. Based on weather, the Spring CSA will start in March or April, with a little break to let the farmers get back on their feet.
- We will have a holiday break from 12/25 resuming 1/9.
- Holiday meat will be pre-ordered soon. More details as we go along: Polyface turkeys, lamb, oysters, etc.
- Cost: Produce remain the same $45 (yay!); meat and dairy are going up $1 to $35, Full share $2 to $122. Fruit is $10 and goes until the winter holiday. Use the drop down menu to choose frequency. Price will pro-rate for the number of drops left in season.
- Payment plans: You have the option of paying in full at subscribing (we appreciate this!), or choosing payment installments. Depending on subscription type, between 2- 4 payments. These happen every 30 days from the time of subscription. It is a hybrid between a more conventional CSA where you have to pay in full up front months in advance, and a service where payments are more spread out as it helps us to have more money at the beginning of season to work with your farmers. If you need a more generous payment plan, email me and I can set that up for you. We want everyone to be able to afford the CSA! Thank you!
- DC drops are Eastern Market, 7th/G, 23rd Pl (if we get 10 people!) and Home Delivery ($8/time 20002/20003 Capitol Hill).
- RVA – Drops will be: Farm to Family Market, Home Delivery (FREE).
- Host Sites/Home Delivery need 10 minimum people before they are a go. If this is you – please share so that it happens!
- 7th/G – biweekly
- 23rd Place – biweekly
- DC Home Delivery – weekly/biweekly
- RVA Home Delivery – weekly/biweekly
- If we do not get enough people at the DC drops they will revert to Eastern Market. If we do not get enough weekly home deliveries, they will revert to biweekly. If we don’t get enough biweekly home deliveries, they will revert to Eastern Market in DC and Farm to Family Market in RVA.
- Seasonal member fees are: DC $90/45, RVA $50/25 for weekly and biweekly memberships. Member fees are for the season (not per time) and prorate for late joiners. These fees pay for fuel, labor, software, admin etc – everything to get your food to you. We are unable due to our many flexible options to roll these into the CSAware software without multiply charging the people who have multiple options in their share. Charges thru CSAware are COST OF FOOD ONLY. The member fee will be charged to your card on file shortly after you subscribe for the season, or added on to a check or cash payment.
- Home Delivery – Weekly/Bi-Weekly – We need a minimum of 10 members to do weekly home delivery. Share and get your friends on board! Your home delivery fee will be charged separately when you sign up.
- Partial season: if you think there is even a remote chance you are moving or need a partial season for any reason, email me and I can set you up. We can extend you based on what happens. It is very hard on us and our vendors when you decide to exit mid-season without notice, or making arrangements for someone to take over your share.
- Host a drop! You need 10 confirmed members to host a drop and receive a free share. Contact Mark at 804-397-7337 for more info and see if your location works. Share with your friends/family etc. Worksites are ok!
- Fall Fruit share (hooray!) – DC only. 12x weekly/5x biweekly at $10 time This will end in December. This will be apples, pears, possibly raspberries (Agriberry has a variety that fruits in November) or other late fruit season surprises. maybe jams and other fruit added value items. This is great if you have kids, juice, love apples, pack your lunch, make applesauce, pies and other desserts, dehydrate, jam, etc. If you are in Richmond and want extra fruit, please join the Agriberry Fruit CSA – They are our fruit partner. Thank you!
What will be in Produce?
- Late Summer/early fall will overlap.
- We promise this will never be the kale/potato/turnip CSA.
- Virginia and surrounding food shed are 4 season growing states – You will see numerous varieties of heirloom veggies: greens such as kale, creasy, collards, some herbs may grow all winter thru snow and cold, and broccoli, cauliflower, beets, cabbage, parsnips, spinach, lettuce/salad greens, herbs and other veggies thrive in cooler weather.
- We also work with a lot of smart growers who are using hoop houses, greenhouses, hydroponics and other methods to stretch the season with lettuce, herbs, sprouts, tomatoes, mushrooms.
- You will get items that are also grown, harvested and stored in the fall – apples, pears, squash, pumpkins, turnips, rutabagas, sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots.
- Produce share WILL contain pantry items in addition to veggies/fruit depending on weather, and especially as the season progresses. These are items that are grown and dried/preserved/frozen and support our farmers during the lean seasons and reduce food waste. Some vendors are food artisans using ancient food traditions, women/minority owned, or other small entrepreneurs that work year round and keep the local food economy cooking. You may see: fermented veggies/krauts, apple sauce, vinegars, sauces, pastas, popcorn, grains, cornmeal, flours, baking mixes, barbecue sauce, honey, sorghum molasses, jams, Virginia peanuts, nut butters, frozen corn and more. We encourage you to try these items. These are our personal favorites, we choose them carefully and hope you do too. If there is something on the pantry list you cannot eat, or don’t want to eat, a sub is always available with advance notice.
- Please help us get the word out! We rely on word of mouth to sustain our business season to season. We will have paper and electronic flyers (email me) you can share starting next week, and I will do posts with links. Mark needs people to flyer and he will pay (contact him 804-397-7337)If you share paper, do so mindfully (we hate litter and so do your neighbors). Please post us on your neighborhood listserves and facebook groups. Anyone who signs up that uses your name in referral earns you $25 . If you know of a fall fair, or other event we can bring the FarmBus to, let us know!
So Join Today and Eat Well all Winter. We appreciate you and your families and your choice to eat local. Email us with questions.